How to buy a weed eater?
Worried about cleaning your garden? Weed eaters, also called as ‘weed-whacker’ or even ‘string trimmer’, can be an excellent solution. It is a device which makes use of a monofilament line for cutting grass or any other plants, unlike some tools which use blades to cut grass. At the end of a long shaft of these weed cutters is a cutting head, which makes it easy for cutting plants and grass. It also has a shoulder strap which makes it comfortable for handling purpose as well.
There are three types of weed eaters that are largely available, such as –
These weed eaters have aluminum shafts with corded trimmer which basically weighs nothing more than 4 to 5 pounds. They are lightest weed eater models. These are easy to handle and carry around in your lawn or garden. The best part of these weed eaters is that they are corded (which provides continuous supply of power) and helps you work any time without the tension of low battery or low fuel. They are noise free i.e., they do not produce any kind of disturbance while cutting.
This device is a bit similar to the gas-powered one. But since they are not fuel-based, they do not emit carbon dioxide while working. They have aluminum shafts and smaller cutting heads which are actually light weight. They vibrate less as their devices are cordless and also produce less noise. Moreover, cordless weed eaters are progressing now-a-days with new technology, making it easy for people to use it.
They are very powerful and effective in cutting grass and plants. These gasoline weed eaters themselves are of two types. They are –
- Gas weed eaters having a 2-stroke engine
- Gas weed eaters having a 4-stroke engine
These gasoline weed eaters can cut the noise level to an extent of 50%. They are very comfortable and fun to use.
Now-a-days, it is difficult to find a good weed eater. If you want to buy one of the best weed eaters then you are suggested to go through the following best weed eater reviews. The top three weed eaters available in the market are –
Black and Decker LST136W 40V Max Lithium String Trimmer
Some of the eye catching features about this trimmer are:
- It is a cordless battery supported weed cutter weighing around 10.3 pounds.
- It has a telescopic handle which is easier to handle and also has the facility of adjusting the length of the handle.
- Recharging of the battery will hardly take two hours.
- Both trimming and edging task can be easily completed without any noise pollution.
GreenWorks 21212 4Amp 13-Inch Corded String Trimmer
The main features of this weed trimmer are:
- It is a corded weed eater weighing around 7 pounds.
- This can work at its finest even when the power outlet is 120V.
- It also has handle rotation capacity up to 180 degrees which makes it easy to trim at the edges.
- The shaft is also completely adjustable according your height.
Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
The important features about this weed trimmer are:
- It is a corded electric weed eater which weighs around 6.3 pounds.
- A 5Amp motor is all you require to make it work.
- Since the wheels are designed to provide a smooth edge, scalping is prevented.
- You can change the working option of the device from trimmer to edging, or vice versa, only by the push of a button.
What is the use having a beautiful garden when you do not have proper tools which will help you maintain the garden or lawn? Buying a good weed eater is essential to maintain your garden in good condition.